So, Quietschisto dared to tag us for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I wanted to make a post about that one but then I got reminded that a certain geeky gal called Megan actually tagged me for the Mystery Blogger Award… in March! Oh no, we’re super late! Meghan, thanks for the tag. I honestly forgot about it because other stuff came up!
The rules are a bit of the usual, I guess:
- Thank the blogger and link to them (which should be a given)
- Display the award logo on your blog (which I’m gonna do in this post)
- Mention the creator of the award + link
- List the rules
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer five questions from the nominator
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question
- Nominate 10 to 20 bloggers
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog (though, I’d just message them where possible)
- Share the link to your best post
Now, as far as the award goes… I’m just going to copy-paste this from Meghan’s site as it seems to be a quote on her end as well.
“According to the creator, Okoto, “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
I’m not sure if my blog captivates, inspires or motivates, but I sure do know that I love blogging and that it brings me fun, joy and entertainment. I’m really bad at taking compliments and I have yet to get better at that but since that last part is there, I thought… you know… might as well go for that. 🙂
Three things about me:
- My eyesight is really bad. That’s mostly because of me growing really fast as a kid and my eyes just couldn’t keep up or something… and eventually, it started to reflect in my eyesight getting worse and worse. Right now I’m at -3.75 and -4.00 diopters and effectively, I could get it fixed but I’m scared of potential risks involved in surgery/laser-therapy and hence, I just rock these glasses until it gets better on its own or until I have time and guts to do that laser thing.
- I’m insanely bad at introducing myself and telling people something about myself. This may come as no surprise since I did that post, ages ago, and now I’m doing this thing here and the “three things about me” are turning a bit meta and boring… but yeah, I’m super bad at this kind of stuff, so I’m just listing the first/best three things I could come up with.
- My favourite colour is purple and I nearly would have gone to Prom in a purple suit… but then I found this Bordeaux red suit and fell in love with it… I looked fabulous if I do say so myself, although I would have been the best-looking person on the Prom even with the purple suit. Now, my self-esteem is getting better overall but it’s still hard to say that kinda stuff about myself and like actually mean it… although, I know that all of my fellow students were boring and had these lame blue and black suits… this is a party and not a funeral, nerds.
Now, if I were to link my “best post”, I wouldn’t actually know which post to link. In terms of “best-performing” post, I’d clearly have to go with my review on Fall Guys that did get an overwhelming amount of views in the first couple and days and is still outperforming all of my other posts. But I actually don’t like that post too much as it was a bit rough and just kind of turned into a review after a while… and I don’t know. My “best post” would probably be more like my review on Outer Wilds, Before I Forget or Girl By The Sea. I really enjoyed writing those and I noticed that I did a “good job” with those reviews while I was editing them. Hence, uh, there’s that!
The Questions that Meghan answered were quite interesting although I find the obsession with aliens a bit concerning… But let’s get into her questions:
- What game or gaming moment made you laugh the hardest?
I honestly can’t remember the last time that I really “laughed out loud”/LOL’d at a game. Hades, however, has a few nice bits and pieces here and there in the conversations that I found quite fun. There’s also this one scene in DMC: Devil May Cry where Dante is facing this big giant spider-guy and they just say “fuck you” to each other for a solid minute. “Fuck you.” – “No, fuck you!” – “No, fuck you.” – “No, fuck you!!!!” – or something like that, which I found quite funny at the time. And then there are some badass-ish moments in Serious Sam that I found quite nice… generally, I kind of laugh because of certain moments but usually, I don’t really “laugh out loud”.
- Which character (games, book, shows, etc.) would be your best friend and why?
Now, this is a tough question as well since I don’t think it’s a good idea to get more friends. In our day and age, it’s hard enough to maintain healthy and close relationships to people already… and now you want me to add another character to my five offline friends? I don’t think that’s gonna work too well… unless of course, it’s Orpheus from Hades or Echidna from Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu’s 2nd Season (Part 1). Orpheus would be a very chill friend to be around. We could just hang around and be all melancholic, depressed and romantic together. Potentially, a song or two by him could lift the mood at times…
BUT I don’t think we should choose a character strictly for our own benefits! No, no! Instead, we should consider them friends and think about how we could help them. I could cuddle with Orpheus and give him feedback in regards to his new writings… and we could go for a drink together for some inspiration or I could listen to him about him and Euridice and his love and all of that. I’d like to help him.
Meanwhile, Echidna would just be cool to hang around with. She’s an interesting character that knows a ton (meaning that we’d be able to talk about a lot, potentially) and we could have tea parties together, minus body fluids. I’d love to share my tea collection with more friends! With the pandemic and all of that, I sadly don’t exactly get the chance to share my tea collection with others…
Alas, I’d be able to grant Echidna my knowledge and listen to her and talk to her and stuff, which is extra cool since I’m alive and she’s dead. Uhm, I would also be able to provide her with some of my favourite teas here including a liquorice-mint-tea and a green-tea with vanilla in it! That’s gotta be better than body fluids! I feel like that could work out quite well.
- What life skill(s) have you learned from playing video games?
I’d say none but I guess that’d be a lie. After a lot of thinking, I’d go for “speaking and typing English” although a lot of that came from media consumption in general as well as school… so movies, shows, music, poems, books, games, and lessons all helped me learn English. Through video games, I connected with other people and was able to share my thoughts on things and talk to them and learn more, obviously. By getting to know a lot of people from all over the world, I got to talk to more people – using my English skills while also improving them. In the end, I wouldn’t say that video games taught me English… rather, they improved my English a bunch or they gave me opportunities to learn more and get better.
Alas, I didn’t really get any better at any life skill(s) thanks to video games, unless you accept my previous answer which shouldn’t count since it’s not through video games alone but all of that stuff.
- How did you pick your gaming username (or forum username)?
Oh, this is fun. I made two posts on this. In this one, I mention it a bit below while also mentioning a discussion about gender-/race-locked classes. And in this one, I just talk about my username in general.
- We’re gonna hang out today, what do you pick for us to do?
Oh, darn, Meg… I’m super late. I hope you don’t mind that I’m nearly seven months late for this but… nothing special, it’s a bit late after all. Tea time for sure! We could also stream some co-op games on Twitch together (since I gotta be live soon anyways) if you bring your own controller. 🙂 I could also bake something real quick or make us some food and, since you don’t live nearby, I guess you take the bed and I’ll sleep on that seat-like thingy over there or at my GF’s. Does that work? When will ya be around? Any food preferences?
Apart from that, coffee in the morning and since you won’t get a plane back to St. Louis anytime soon (heh, pandemic), we could go to a bar or a few in tomorrow evening and visit the botanic gardens, the museums around here, and some other interesting places tomorrow. Feels like the standard program for “tourists” and visitors from other places.
Oh, I also gotta show you the monorail. Wuppertal is famous for it. You’re gonna love it.
My questions for the nominees:
- You have to ban one game for eternity. This game shall never be played or watched again and nobody is allowed to talk about it. Which game do you pick?
- How was your day? What have you been up to? Hope you’re well. 🙂
- If you could take any vehicle/plane/etc. from any game/show/book/whatever to use in our world, what would you pick and where would you go?
- This one’s weird! It’s not a question… it’s an answer! “No, but the raisins certainly belong to this office.” – Find the question that this answer answers!
- What’s your favourite Indie title that you personally love that nobody seems to know?
And, I don’t usually do tags all that often but when I do, it’s a long post. Hope you liked this one.
As for the nominated bloggers, I appreciate these bloggers mentioned above a lot. I don’t read as many blog posts lately compared to the past few months… but now that my last exam is all done and dusted, I’ll be able to get back to that again, hopefully catching up with all of these cool and entertaining people (and Frosti and Quietschisto). 🙂 While there are a lot more bloggers out there that I appreciate and read a bunch, I didn’t want to nominate too many as I’d end up running out of bloggers to tag for that other tag post that I gotta do… I mean 10 are already a ton… Alas, these are the ones that I read the most lately and I gotta do Quietschisto’s tag as well and will nominate others for that one. 😀
Edit: On publish, I didn’t check Meg’s name’s spelling and ended up writing “Meghan” instead of “Megan”. This is now fixed.